7 Health Benefits for Senior Citizens Who Take Line Dancing Instructions
Line Dancing is the Most Popular Thing Seniors Like to Do!
Line dancing is very popular among Senior Citizens. It's fun, there is great camaraderie among the Seniors, and you don't need a partner, and it's an easy way to stay healthy, both mentally and physically.
At almost any class in line dance instructions, you will see many Seniors. There are several dances suitable for people with limited mobility, such as” Tush Push", "Electric Slide", "Country Walkin'", "Dancin' with You" and the ever beautiful, "Waltz Across Texas", which I love to do to Collin Raye's "Dreamin' My Dreams of You." Most classes feature easy line dances as well as more advanced.
The health benefits of line dancing are obvious. Everyone benefits from exercise and line dancing is so much fun, it doesn't seem like exercise. I read a report that said that people who line dance could possibly live an extra ten years. This may or may not be true, but it's certainly something to consider. Here is a list of some of the health benefits you will enjoy if you line dance on a regular basis:
* Cardiovascular and muscular strength and flexibility become better;
* High blood pressure, high cholesterol levels and high triglyceride levels, as well as high blood sugar levels can all improve;
* Coordination improves as you work through the different movements;
* Lung capacity can increase;
* Bone strength can increase; bone loss can be stopped or slowed down
* Help with weight control - half an hour of continuous line dancing can burn an average of 300 calories
* The social aspects of line dancing are obvious. Your sense of well-being and the camaraderie you have with the other dancers is wonderful for your health.